Production 1- Feature Article Interview

    Recently I have been trying to decide who I want to interview for my feature article. At first, I was thinking about interviewing a local athlete who has multiple scholarship offers or a collegiate athlete but after contemplating my audience and concept for a little, I realized that I needed an influencer; someone who had a large following who had an influence on others. I decided on Brandon Gomes, an artist with ties to where I live, who has over two hundred thousand followers on Instagram. He is part of the show “Siesta Key” on MTV (Music Television Channel) and has a good sense of style and a young man's culture. I direct messaged him on Instagram and said: “Hey Brandon! My name is Fabiel Ortega and I’m a student at Sarasota High School. I was wondering if by any chance you would be open to doing an interview about your music, clothes, and the show for a magazine I am writing and editing in my Media Studies class. I would also need to take a couple of photos for the cover. I have a pretty open schedule and can work with whatever you are able to do with everything going. You’d be perfect for the magazine but if you can’t then no worries. Thanks, let me know.” I am happy to say that he responded with a referral to his business manager who I reached out to. If I do not get a response, I will have to message another influencer; fingers crossed his manager gets back to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard