Peer Pitch & Concept Refinement Chart

 

CATEGORY

DETAILS

Film OR Magazine

Magazine

Genre

Popular teenage lifestyle inclusive to sports, music, and fashion.

Target Audience (Be specific)

Teenage guys around the ages of 15 to 19.

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard)

Talk about what teenage guys are interested in. Sports, outdoors activities, cars, and fashion. Things of that nature. Similar to younger GQ.

How did you conceive the idea for this concept?

Thought about what I enjoyed in my everyday life and what people like me would read.

What do you believe is unique about your concept?

No other magazine specifically targeted for a large group of boys in high school.

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience?

It will appeal to a large group of boys all over the world. Will like something that is as cool as GQ but have things that are familiar to them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Make sure to broaden the concept to possibly include things that guys may not always talk about. Figure out what feature article will be and make sure that it is a similar concept in each magazine. Figure out a way to incorporate monthly issues and be consistent with them. Write it similarly to a GQ magazine, teen GQ.

    The feedback I received on my magazine was very helpful and it helped further solidify my concept. I am glad people were confident enough to give me honest feedback. Some advice that was given included broadening my concept to include topics that guys do not generally discuss. I probably will not heed this advice because I want my magazine to be more about things that others can discuss with their friends and not something that guys may bottle up. Another piece of advice I was given was figure out what feature article will be and make sure that it is a similar concept in each magazine. This advice was very helpful and made me think about what my feature article(s) will be. I believe it should be similar to GQs’ feature article on Lil Baby which also ties into advice that someone gave me which is I should model my magazine like GQ for teenagers which I like, and I think I will. It embodies what I was trying to portray in a simpler way. One reason I chose my concept was because of something said by Nick Bezuidenhout. “They’ve managed this feat by staying relentlessly focused on one specific category and by thoroughly understanding the types of content and information that their audiences want, need – and in some cases, what readers don’t yet know they need.” (Bezuidenhout, 2019) I want to emulate something like this where my readers feel like they “need” or at least want to read my magazine.  The assigned article titled "The Abundance, Joy, Beauty, Persistence, Power, and Potential of Independent Publishing: A CONVERSATION WITH SIX BLACK EDITORS." supports my concept because in it the author interviews editors in a similar way that I intend to interview a person in my feature article. I want the person featured to do most of the commentating with questions to guide them along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard